Directions for signing up to ChatAlaska.com
1. In the address bar of your web browser type in http://chatalaska.com
2. On the left hand side of the screen you will see a log in area.
3. Click on the "Sign-Up!" Button.
4. After clicking the sign-up button a new window will open with a three-step account builder.
5. Next enter the URL address that you would like to be yours, (the URL is the location of your site on the web.)
6. Once you have filled in your URL it will display what it will look like in your address bar when you log in, and under that it will tell you if that URL that you entered is available or taken.
7. Next you choose a Username. You will use your Username to sign-in on future visits. And must be at least 3 characters long. It will also show the availability of the Username as well.
8. Next you enter your desired password. Password must be at least 6 characters long and contain at least 1 number.
9. Next verify password. Under this section the account generator will signal you if your password is not a strong enough password.
10. Next fill in your valid Email address.
11. Next fill in your first name.
12. Next check the box next to "Acceptance of terms", acceptance is required and we recommend you read them before moving on, to do so all you do is click on the link titled "Terms of Service"
13. Next fill in your Date of Birth using the drop down bars.
14. Next is the word verification, there will be a picture with 5 assorted numbers and letters in it. You must fill in the numbers and letters in order in the box located below the picture.
15. Next click "Sign Up"
16. If all information is correct it will redirect you to the profile wizard.
17. First is "choose your theme", on the right hand side of the screen click "launch" under edit step.
18. You select the theme you want and then go to the bottom of the page and click "Use Selected Theme"
19. Next is "Edit your Profile", on the right hand side of the screen click "launch" under edit step. This step is required.
20. Edit your Profile is where you fill out information about yourself for other members to see, It can always be changed when ever you want to change it. Then click "Save Changes"
21. Next is "Upload a Photo", on the right hand side of the screen click "launch" under edit step. This step is required.
22. There are two ways to upload a photo, A) use a photo on the web by cutting and pasting the URL location of the picture or, B) Uploading one directly from your computer. Choose your picture and then click "Upload".
23. At this point your account has been created, you have the option of using the wizard the Post your first Blog, Invite friends to join you on the network, and Customize your site and privacy settings, we encourage you to do so but you can always change these after you log in.